The Object: I am utterly disappointed with the caliber of book communities on livejournal. You see, science fiction is not my thing. I want to be the queen of bookdom and rule a community where only good book talk is permitted.
In addition to regular posting about good books, reviews, suggestions, and other book talk, I will be posting a book of the month for those who would like to read and discuss at the end of the month.
Before you join, you might want to ask yourself a simple question:
1. Do you enjoy science fiction? [If yes, I'm sorry that's your 'deal,' but its not ours. GET OUT! and STAY OUT! Thanks!]
Now that we have that little matter cleared up...
1. NO SCIENCE FICTION ALLOWED!
2. Critisize the book, not the reader. Remember what mommy said, "if you can't say anything nice, don't say it at all."
3. No posting of quiz results, we don't really care what sex toy you are...
4. If you post a really long entry or pictures, please use LJ-Cut because some people (not us of course) don't have fast connections and don't want it cluttering their friends list. If you don't know how, go here.
Jan/Feb '03 I Know This Much Is True by Wally Lamb March '03 Back When We Were Grownups by Anne Tyler April '03 About A Boy by Nick Hornby and Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte May '03 The Giant's House by Elizabeth McCracken June '03 Trainspotting by Irvine Welsh July '03 Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood Oct '03 Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf Nov '03 White Teeth by Zadie Smith Mar '04 Girl With A Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier